“I AM” - Exploring Your True Identity in Christ
Welcome to the month of August! This month, we are exploring our true identity. Are you one with Christ? Your true identity is oneness in Christ. You need to live in the consciousness that you are ONE with Him who created you. You were created in God’s image to reflect some of God’s attributes, that all men and women are created in God’s image.
You are a child of God and born of God. Therefore, you are called to find their identity in Him. The word of God in your spirit is the seed. That seed, is your DNA. Hence, you were born into the family of God. God is your father. You are ONE with Him. The Bible says: “You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.” 1 John 4:4 NIV
Building your identity based on your accomplishments, reputation, appearance, financial success only breeds a sense of identity & belonging. Remember this - your identity on earth is temporary whereas your identity in Christ is permanent and built on a solid foundation. So, understanding your identity begins with first knowing who He is, what he says about Himself and what He says about you.
Next time, we will explore ‘How God sees His Children’.
5 Things To Do With Kids This Month:
1. Pray daily with your kids or as a family (Remember: Jesus prayed without ceasing).
2. Journal: write a letter or poem to God.
3. Read a bible verse of story (discuss the lessons learned and how you can apply it).
4. Give (show love/skills/donate) or help someone in your community.
5. Share the good news of Jesus and send this newsletter email with 3 friends/ family.